Business overview, digital equipment, & creative concepts.
2 learners taking this course
Do you love nature and photography and wish to make money photographing the great outdoors? Would you like to make outdoor and nature photography a full time business?
There is no more fulfilling "career" than being a full time Outdoor and Nature Photographer and having your work published in calendars, magazines and more.
I have been published in over 1000 calendars, many of the major outdoor magazines, advertising, company brochures, and I have founded and co-founded two stock photo agencies.
If you are interested in photographing the outdoors as a full time or part time business, I can show you how to create images for the markets and license them to clients.
You will learn:
- How the outdoor and nature photography markets work.
- Techniques and approaches for making marketable images of nature and outdoor adventure.
- What type of camera equipment and other gear is needed.
- How to organize your stock photos and set up your business.
- How to make even more money with concept photography
- How to create marketable compositions
- How to master natural light and supplemental lighting
- How to master the technical sides of photography
Marketing and promotion is crucial to the success of any business and I will show you several strategies that work.
- How to market yourself and your business
- How to price and negotiate a photo sale
- How to get represented by stock photo agencies
- One key ingredient that will insure your success as an outdoor photographer is photography assignments. YOU will learn:
- How to bid on photo assignments
- How to photograph outdoor products
- How to plan and prep for the big assignment
- How to create a portfolio and present it in a meeting
- How to find model
This course also includes a downloadable stock photo pricing guide to help you determine a fair and accurate price for your photographs.
- A love for the outdoors, nature, wildlife, and the environment
- A sense of adventure and love of travel
- A willingness to work hard
- Oh, a camera, tripod, a computer, and software
- Over 100 videos
- A downloadable pricing guide
- The tools needed to create top images
- Photoshop tips
- Strategies for pricing and selling your photography
- Strategies for succeeding in the business
You get full unlimited access to this course forever!
Nature and wildlife photography. Equipment, nature subjects, composition, lighting, exposure, histograms.
People, adventure, recreation, equipment and props, models, releases, composition, lighting, setting up adventure shoots, visual storytelling, lighting on location, product photography.
The Office: organizing your shoots, editing, numbering systems, film vs. digital organization, metadata, file naming, caption, keywords.
Clients, the markets, subscription services, photo requests, image submissions, marketing, web strategies, portfolios.
Pricing your photography, negotiating, stock agencies, licensing models.